|And You Thought the Housing Crisis Was Over!|
William Tucker writes at the American Spectator:
The Community Reinvestment Act is back, as if 2008 never happened.
Do you remember that thing about how the banks wouldn't lend to blacks and Hispanics because they were racists? And do you remember how they passed the Community Reinvestment Act so that banks were forced to reduce down payments practically to zero and lend to a lot of people they knew were bad credit risks? And do you remember how Wall Street bundled all these risky subprime mortgage and sold them to investors around the world so that when it became clear that those people weren't going to be able to pay their mortgages banks everywhere were left holding the bag and all five of the Wall Street investment houses either went under or had to be bailed out by the federal government?
Read more here.
- Spanish Euro Exit Could Be in the Works
- Fed Leaves Market Guessing
- Fannie Mae: Zombie Stock Turns Cash Cow
- Labor unions break ranks with White House on ObamaCare
- 8 Currencies That Could Tank As Commodities Collapse
- President Asterisk: Why the Obama IRS scandal may be worse than "a cancer on the presidency."
- CONSUMER CONFIDENCE CRUSHES EXPECTATIONS, STRONGEST SINCE JULY 2007
- Congressman Goes On Berating Rant At Ousted IRS Commissioner And Gets A Standing Ovation
- DeMarco: FHLBanks should grow involvement in secondary market
- Insurers predict 100% to 400% Obamacare rate explosion
- Read Between the Lines: IMF Admits Spain is Bankrupt
- China may not overtake America this century after all
- The US Economy Is The Envy Of The World Again, And Just Like That The Bears Have Been Annihilated
- The Great California Land Rush
- Monday Morning Cup of Coffee: Reverse mortgage delinquencies surge