|Holder To Banks: You're All Bigots|
An editorial in Investors Business Daily July 27 states:
Power Abuse: According to this administration, the nation's largest mortgage lender —Wells Fargo — and dozens of other banks are racist. Don't believe it: They're targets of a massive witch hunt.
Attorney General Eric Holder has also added SunTrust Bank, one of the country's largest home lenders, and Bank of America to his ever-growing list of bank bigots.
Some 60 other lenders are said to be under investigation for allegedly denying blacks and Latinos home loans solely due to the color of their skin; or for allegedly "steering" them into higher-cost subprime mortgages when they could have qualified for prime loans.
Read more here.
- The sound of Nobel Prize-winning bubble alarm
- Nobel Prize winner warns of US stock market bubble
- Why US baby boomers are retiring in Latin America
- Bagehot & Deflation: Interview with David Kotok
- Obamacare Impact on Jobs (And Way Less Job Growth than Anyone Thinks)
- PUTTING THE GINI BACK IN THE BOTTLE: GINI COEFFICIENT KEEPS RISING WHILE REAL MEDIAN INCOME FALLS
- NOMURA: It's The End Of The End Of The World
- Bitcoin Soars Above $600: Rises 20% In One Day Ahead Of Senate Hearing
- Bitcoin Rises Over $500
- China eases 1-child policy amid elderly boom
- Q3 Earnings Roundup: Banks, Non-Banks and the FOMC
- As Bitcoin Plunges 25% On Government Scrutiny, The First BTC "Fair Value" Reco Has A Stunning Price Target
- Cancer patient chooses death after Obamacare causes his premium to increase by 833%
- As Bitcoin Soars Over $300, A Question Arises: Could It Become A Global Reserve Currency?
- Warning Signs Flash as Stock Market Soars to Records