Paul Baiocchi at the Index Universe writes August 24:
It seems like every quarter when hedge fund 13F filings are released, we get stories about how John Paulson or George Soros upped their stake in GLD.
The question I wonder about is, Why?
I'm in no position to question the logic behind Paulson's, Soros' or even the Teacher Retirement System of Texas' investments in gold. These people have already forgotten more than I will ever know about the market.
Read more here.
- Fed Leaves Market Guessing
- Fannie Mae: Zombie Stock Turns Cash Cow
- Labor unions break ranks with White House on ObamaCare
- 8 Currencies That Could Tank As Commodities Collapse
- President Asterisk: Why the Obama IRS scandal may be worse than "a cancer on the presidency."
- CONSUMER CONFIDENCE CRUSHES EXPECTATIONS, STRONGEST SINCE JULY 2007
- Congressman Goes On Berating Rant At Ousted IRS Commissioner And Gets A Standing Ovation
- DeMarco: FHLBanks should grow involvement in secondary market
- Insurers predict 100% to 400% Obamacare rate explosion
- Read Between the Lines: IMF Admits Spain is Bankrupt
- China may not overtake America this century after all
- The US Economy Is The Envy Of The World Again, And Just Like That The Bears Have Been Annihilated
- The Great California Land Rush
- Monday Morning Cup of Coffee: Reverse mortgage delinquencies surge
- Job surge a mirage